The only thing that keeps you beautiful is the glow of your skin. However, we are not able to maintain our skin due to our hectic schedules. Often, the skin becomes very poor in condition and demands excessive care. (Even men go through it, I know.)
We soon begin the chemical treatments on the skin to get it back to normal but we completely forget that instead of doing the treatment, we can do a little care daily and prevent the worst-case scenarios. (Just little things, like paying attention.)
One of the best methods to maintain glowing skin is regulating the diet with all essential nutrients. Besides this, practicing hygienic methods of skin care are advisable. A few important tips are given below:
For Oily Skin
• Maintain a healthy diet including lots of raw veggies and fruits; avoid oily and junk food.
• Always keep your face clean. This helps in keeping away excessive oiliness and acne.
• Don’t apply moisturizer. Use scrub to drive away oil hiding in your pores.
For Dry Skin
• Consume lots of water to keep moisture in the skin. Healthy fats and oils will contribute to make your skin supple with moisture.
• Don’t use hot water while taking a shower. Pat dry your skin after a shower with a soft towel.
• Never leave the shower without applying moisturizer. Open pores catch infection.
For Combination Skin
• Keep your face clean at all times to prevent oily zones from catching an infection of any kind.
• Hunt for the perfect moisturizer for you. These can never be the same for people with this skin type as there will always be variations in the degrees of oiliness and dryness. And once you find it, don’t change!
• Use the appropriate amount of moisturizer depending on your skin’s reaction to the climatic conditions. Too much moisturization will cause problems with the oily zone and less of it will cause problems with the dry zone.
While these are the basic things, you might be worried about the anti-ageing properties of your skin. Well, I know you men wouldn’t ask the women, but I am sharing those tips also. (Thank me later!)
• Good diet. Foods rich in amino acids, omega 3s and potassium such as green and yellow vegetables must be consumed largely.
• Keep fit by exercising and meditation. Good health reflects in the skin.
• Avoid bad habits like smoking for they definitely contribute to dull, dry and aged skin.
Since lifestyle and skin care contribute not only to your looks but also on how you feel about yourself, you must take care of it. Most of the women must be aware of these tips, but now even men must be.
Having a glowing and beautiful skin needs nothing more than just preventing damage. You have your to-do list ready. Start from tomorrow!