“That’s what I do: I drink, and I know things” – Tyrion Lannister.
Of course, my friend knows everything when he drinks. He even speaks in English. It doesn’t matter if it is a quarter of RS or BP, but he gets high AF! Well, Jon Snow knows what BP or RS is! And everyone who watches Game Of Thrones does.
Unequivocally, TV shows are becoming a very large part of pop culture. Every 5th earning person is having subscription of Netflix or Amazon Prime Videos, because they find there what they want. F.R.I.E.N.D.S, How I Met Your Mother, 13 Reasons Why, etc. have become an indispensable part of young life.
While these web series, sitcoms and TV series come to an end, the laughter and diversified emotions presented through those uniquely presented dialogues, become immortalized in our daily conversations.
Have you ever felt the “Jaa Simran Jaa wali” Happiness? No?
Then read this collection of dialogues, which fit Indian situations and you will not need to set out in The Pursuit of Happyness!
1. My best friend on her breakup with her long-time boyfriend, pulling me along to the market to fetch her bags and smiling away. You know she said this and I melted.
"Crying is for plain women. Pretty women go shopping." — Blanche Devereaux in Golden Girls.
2. “Ohh! Shona Baby, Jaanu, Babu! Babu ne thana me thya thaya?” buttered from the other side of the phone in the middle of the night.
"I don't want to be happy; I want to be with you." — Stanley Roper in Three's Company,.
3. My mom is trying to contact me since hours and out of no way, I miss all her calls. On realizing the bundle of missed calls on my screen, I call her back.
I am a witch. A real house-haunting, broom-riding, cauldron-stirring witch. —Samantha in Bewitched, TV Show.
4. When my college juniors ask me what you’ll do after you finish graduation. I surround myself with pin drop silence, deliver a boastful laugh and remember some work.
If you find yourself in a confusing situation, simply laugh knowingly and walk away. — Reverend Jim Ignatowski in Taxi, TV show
5. Girls sticking to my friend like bees because he had a break up but had a bunch of red roses, a candle light dinner and a long drive in his new sportscar to offer.
Anyone who says money can't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop. — Eunice Wentworth Lovey Howell in Gilligan's Island.
6. We were learning how to make cupcakes in the same cooking class. Unfortunately, he left without noticing me. (Inside- He didn't look at me, then why should I talk to him? Right?)
I don’t know him well enough for a stop and chat! – Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm.
7. Mom is packing my stuff for my foreign trip, and she stumbles upon my piggy bank. I used it for the things Mom didn’t get me buying - flowers, ice creams and gadgets! And shit. Mom found my first phone too!
"Well, middle class was fun." – Roseanne in Roseanne
8. It is summer holiday time gain and your friends have a new hilarious idea to have fun. You already know that it is the most stupid idea ever but everyone executes the idea, for your friend wanted everyone to be Rajnikanth. Too high expectations.
"It’s going to be legendary." – Barney from How I Met Your Mother
9. When you visit your neighbors’ house and they offer you less or no food in dinner. You are like you haven’t had an unforgettable meal like that. And your stomach is upset with you like never before.
I’m glad we are having a rehearsal dinner. I rarely practice my meals before we eat. – Chandler from FRIENDS.
10. When you ask your Girlfriend, “Baby, can we go for a movie?” and she replies that “Okay! We’ll go for shopping first”.
"We were on a break" – Ross in FRIENDS
11. Race 3 trailer just got launched and my little brother was trying to copy Salman Khan’s rocket launch. Dad asked him to do the same in the colony ground.
When I walk outside naked, people throw garbage. – Chandler
12. My new year’s resolution was to start gym from January 1st. That new year never came. Now when somebody asks I have a better answer.
My New Year’s resolution is to pilot a commercial jet. – Phoebe
13. You are in a train and someone releases deadly gas which is highly environment unfriendly. And you came to know that person had done this heinous crime with some childhood spells. But the person denies.
"Did I do that?"– from Family Matters
14. At a function when your family friends surround you asking, “What are you doing these days?”, you want to give a blunt answer but you look into the face of your parents and stop.
"The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted." – Mormont in Games Of Thrones
15. When your History teacher asks you a question and you’re sitting like as if it is your first class. Then, that Hitler comes out of the book and says you, “You are a fool!”
You know nothing, Jon Snow. - Ygritte
Being a fan of FRIENDS, you must have imitated that “Joey Doesn’t shares food!”
But don’t try to deliver these dialogues at home.
Nobody will get you!