No book is written for music. The only fact behind this is no one could complete the book when they started. Music quotes were penned for contemplation as they pertain to sound, music, healing and life. The music quotes listed here will help you to comprehend what you feel when listening to songs that you can't articulate.
Music makes you feel every emotion there's to feel. It's the best way to unwind, losing yourself to the rhythm and a much recommended healthy coping mechanism. Life is just one, prolonged music note, with its highs and lows. To make an upbeat funky song or one beautiful, poignant song out of it is solely in our hands. Pace your tempo erratically and watch how fun it gets.
Here's a list of 52 music quotes that are inspirational and motivational for all music lovers!
1.“Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.”- Sarah Dessen
The great uniter of everything and everyone on this Earth is music, a prodigious power which unites us, though we are different in certain ways. As the music quote says let's all connect in the name of music.
2. "Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.”- George Eliot
When we infuse our life with music, there would be no need to plan any strategy to live our problematic life. As the music quote expresses, music makes our convoluted life into a simple one. An effortless step is enough when you're connected with music. It means that all the complex steps become simpler when we are filled with music.
3. "You have to, take a deep breath. and allow the music to flow through you. Revel in it, allow yourself to awe. When you play allow the music to break your heart with its beauty.” - Kelly White
Relax. Allowing the music to flow through yourself is exhilaration. Allow the music to break your heart which tries to enter your soul. Isn't this one of the best music quotes?
4. "Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering.” - Haruki Murakami
Music breaks out the perpetual winter which torments our muscle and mind by diffusing warmth in our soul. When you let the music fill the void inside you, it brings you a gleaming vision.
5. "It’s like if the music is loud enough I won’t be able to listen to my own thoughts. ” - Nic Sheff
If we start to fill our heart with music, eventually we will find that the music has occupied the entire heart. We can't make our heartbeat for us. It beats for the music. Have you ever felt that? Get ready! Turn it on! Listen to the beat of your heart which is similar to the beat of the music instead of those intrusive thoughts.
6. "To live is to be musical, starting with the blood dancing in your veins. Everything living has a rhythm. Do you feel your music?” ― Michael Jackson
Did you fail to find music? Then this inspirational music quote is specially penned for you. Keep your hands on your veins. Did you find the rhythmic movement of the blood? Listen to your heartbeat. There is no place without music.
7. "If you were music, I would listen to you ceaselessly, and my low spirits would brighten up.” ― Anna Akhmatova
One of the best metaphors that can be used for your soulmate is music. If she were a musician, you would be a tireless listener. Our weak psyche becomes stronger. But we couldn't find any best metaphors for music as there is nothing best than music.
8. "Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without." - Confucius
Without any kind of individual equation, the arm of creating a unique kind of contentment is only done by the Music. Music opens the door to euphoria.
9. "Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” - Victor Hugo
In most cases, we cannot explain our emotions with words. At all those times, music holds your hand to convey what your heart says. The silence of your emotions can be revealed by heart-melting music.
10. "The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable.” - W.H. Auden
We often find ourselves engrossed in unexpected and intricate things when we have exciting music. The most magnificent of melodies are much simpler and continuous. Exciting rhythms or beautiful melodies or whatever in the name of music, everything always connects our soul.
11. "After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” ― Aldous Huxley
Inexplicable emotions can be expressed by our silence. Then what next can do the same? Music does. As the music quote says, to communicate our complicated feelings, music is the only key.
12. "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”- Maya Angelou
There were times when one feels lonely, for reasons obscure. In such cases, as the inspirational music quotes say, music becomes our haven. Alluring music gives us all the expected luxury.
13. “Without music, life would be a blank to me.”- Jane Austen
A life without music is an earth without life. From our first cry to final gasp, everything around us is music. Our life becomes a void without vocals. Life would be empty without music. Another one of the best music quotes is here!
14. "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” - Albert Schweitzer
This quote takes the cake. As a millennial and avid cat lover, I can attest to the authenticity of this statement. Music and cats are the hideouts of unadulterated ecstasy.
15. "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” - Bob Marley
Whenever we’re all feeling broken, we either listen to music or cry. Let's whoosh our miseries away by drowning ourselves in music.
16. "Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Music is a lovely language which doesn't have any distinct words to speak. Music speaks the emotions, feelings, sentiments and the list goes on. Keith Richards says that music is in the bones through his inspirational music quote.
17. "How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” - Jane Swan
Everyone wonders the same as Jane Swan. She is in awe with the fact that music, without words, is capable of evoking every range of emotions in us. Music, in and of itself, is a mystery and wonder.
18. "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” - Plato
One of my favourite inspirational music quotes. Music gives life to the lifeless. It provides flight to the imagination. It imparts wings to the mind. And it gives an epitome to the universe.
19. "Music is to the soul what words are to the mind.” - Modest Mouse
This is one of the best music quotes to cherish forever. Gift of the mind is words. Gift of the soul is music. Everyone here reacts to music in no time. It's enough to explain how much we fall for music.
20. "Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” ― Edward Bulwer-Lytton
When music sets its foot in the soul, it becomes a kind of life force and it stays there eternally. Music already entered most of our soul. If not, open the doors and welcome the music.
21. "Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.”- Johnny Depp
Here is another motivational music quote. Words alone can never connect anything with us emotionally. Words, only with the aid of music, touch our soul.
22. "Virtually every writer I know would rather be a musician.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
The music quote of Kurt Vonnegut says that there is a musician hidden in each writer. All the words of the writer are arranged with a rhythm. Have you ever noticed it? When you listen to these quotes you may get it.
23. "Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.” ― Frank Zappa
One of the best music quotes that melt my heart like the fire that melts wax. There is nothing that equals music. Every information does not become our knowledge. All our knowledge does not become our wisdom. Every wisdom doesn't become the truth. Truth is not only love. Love is not only music. Music is unparalleled.
24. “The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.”- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Silence is the absence of sound and not the absence of music. It takes time to find the music inside the silence. It's hidden like a small diamond in the cup of sugar. This is one of the famous music quotes.
25. “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.”- Robert Fripp
The goblet of silence is entirely filled with the wine of music. All such pleasing emotions can be experienced when you connect your world with music. Isn't this one of the inspirational music quotes?
26. "Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” ― Kahlil Gibran
This famous music quote tells us that music is the language of our soul. Music opens the box of life which brings us serenity and harmony into our life.
27. "Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” ― Maria Augusta von Trapp
This is one of the famous music quotes in my list of music quotes. Bewitching music is the key to opening the tightly closed deep heart. Get the key which is available everywhere.
28. "Music is an agreeable harmony for the honour of God and the permissible delights of the soul.”- Johann Sebastian Bach
Here we have a motivational music quote. Music is an admissible pleasure of the soul. This music quote makes us love music more than yesterday.
29. "Music can change the world because it can change people.” ― Bono
The music swings our mood. When we are happy, music amplifies it. When we are depressed, the music pulls us out of it. Music reads our feelings and acts accordingly. It's evident that music changes the people. When all the individuals get changed, the entire world gets changed. That's why Beno says that the world can be changed by music through his famous music quote.
30. "To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it’s about, but the music the words make.”- Truman Capote
Already we came through a music quote which is somewhat similar to this. Writing feels amazing when the writings are with musical words or the words which feels like pleasant music.
31. "Music sounds different to the one who plays it. It is the musician’s curse.”- Patrick Rothfuss
The same music becomes different to the person who listens to it and who plays it. It's an anathema of the musicians. When I look into this awesome music quote, my mind reminds me that the same problem speaks differently to the listener and sufferer.
32. "I love the way music inside a car makes you feel invisible; if you play the stereo at max volume, it’s almost like the other people can’t see into your vehicle. It tints your windows, somehow.” ― Chuck Klosterman
This awesome music quote connects the people who enjoy listening to music inside the car. Music makes you disappear. Music makes you forget everything. It makes you love each and every second.
33. "Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, Secretly possess you.”- Charles Hart
One of the simple music quotes that is filled with wonderful words is here. No definition needed for this music quote. It beautifully conveys what it says.
34. "Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.” ― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter
By way of this motivational music quote, we understand that we all have a dark phase in our life. The people who are music lovers easily get it out as music heals their pain. Music rejoins the broken heart. Find the moonlight in the night of gloom and come out of the night and enter the moon.
35. “The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils; The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.” ― William Shakespeare
Shakespeare had written so many dialogues with music as a metaphor. He reckons that a man who doesn't like music is not credible and is malicious. If there's any, you better get this sorted out before Shakespeare's bitter spirit spots you and write an entire play with you as an antagonist.
36. "Love is friendship set to music.” ― Jackson Pollock
This famous music quote tells us about the friendship between love and music is a treat for us. We feel the love in music and love runs with music. They're intricately connected with each other.
37. "If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die.”- William Shakespeare
Here is the awesome music quote which became the meeting place of another combination of my most two favorites: music and food. It's said by the character Duke Orison from the play ‘Twelfth Night.’ He had said this in hopes of getting over his obsession with love by listening to excessive music. Oh, poor Duke, Music is the instrument of love.
38. "Some people have lives; some people have music." - John Green
Next on our list of famous music quotes is here. Music is not far from life. Life is not far from music. Music makes life a thrilling experience. Few people chose music. Others chose life. Anyhow, they chose both.
39. "Life is for the living. Death is for the dead. Let life be like music. And death a note unsaid." - Langston Hughes
Life is made for us to live to our fullest. As the motivational music quote says let us make our life musical and our death be a note unsaid till last.
40. "Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning, there is a mystery, in the end, there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.” - Nicholas Sparks
Life is much similar to music. Here is one of the best music quotes lucidly stating it. A beginning- a bunch of chaotic events made better with music- The end.
41. “Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!- J.K. Rowling
Le Hogwarts Express has arrived! All it takes is a song for music to do all the magic it does to our soul. It wipes our tears, heals our pain, fixes our broken heart and much more. We've got the best magic in our hands that even the best sorcerers in Harry Potter can never do.
42. "A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."- Leopold Stokowski
The art of the painter is seen on the canvas. The art of music is seen in the silence. Music is omniscient. Feel the music. Soar up in the sky with the music. Isn't this an awesome music quote?
43. "Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends."- Alphonse de Lamartine
None of us is capable of expressing all our emotions. In most cases, we can't continue to express with the words, which is when music comes into play. Music becomes the literature of the heart. This is yet another of the best music quotes.
44. "When we die, we will turn into songs, and we will hear each other and remember each other."- Rob Sheffield
All our ashes become music, this is what this awesome music quote tells us. All our music is heard by everyone. We still live on this Earth after death as music. Let's make our soul exist even after the decomposition of our flesh, feeding the microorganisms.
45. "Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard; Are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on."- John Keats
When we open the gift, the surprise fades as soon as we open the gift. If the gift is not opened, curiosity still lives. Likewise unheard music, that is the music of the soul, is sweeter than heard music. It is magic without any tricks.
46. "Pop music often tells you everything is OK, while rock music tells you that it's not OK, but you can change it."- Bono
The language of music doesn't need knowledge of music. It offers you the opportunity to know yourself. Music is the language which connects everyone in this world. Let's bring the colour of music to make it vibrant.
47. "The piano keys are black and white but they sound like a million colours in your mind"- Maria Cristina Mena
One of the music quotes which definitely admired by every one of us. The music is the only thing which makes you happy without any reason. We see the life of the lifeless through music. Music is the only stress buster which is available all time.
48. "Music washes away from the soul, the dust of everyday life.”- Picasso
Music acts as a diversion from moments of woes and worries. When we feel down, we may pop an old Beatles tune into our dusty cassette player, the one with the stuck buttons, to lift our mood.
49. “It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.”- Benjamin Britten
There is nothing more beautiful than music. The beauty of silence, the loneliness of pain, of strength, of freedom, of unrequited love, and of disappointment are all hidden with the music. There is no power better than music.
50. "Music can heal the soul, that medicine cannot touch"- Debasish Mridha
This motivational music quote is self-explanatory. Music is the medicine to the wounded soul and that is why when we are sad, we turn to music.
51. "When words leave off, music begins."- Heinrich Heine
No one is here without music which carries our feelings when the words leave us. Music adds the flavour to the dish of life. The gratification after listening to music cannot be given by anything here.
52. "I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me- like food or water."- Ray Charles
As the music quote says every one of us born is with music inside us. Music becomes one of the most invisible parts of us. We become dead without music. There is no life in the absence of music. Music is the only mode which makes your heart to beat.
Music quotes are created by everyone who is easily connected to the music. No one can leave the music. No one can break their relationship with music. Your emotions often search for music to express. Music is something beyond the music quote. Music quotes are not enough to explain music. But music quotes help you to inch closer to the essence of music.
- 50 Bob Marley Quotes on Love, Life, Money, and She
- 52 Quotes For Girlfriend That Are Cute, Romantic, And Love
- 20 Food Quotes To Express Your Unconditional Love For Food
Explore: Feeding Trends | Events